I am a Chartered Civil and Structural Engineer with over 30 years design, design management and construction management experience on varied projects throughout the UK and in Hong Kong, Gaborone, Moscow and Abu Dhabi.
To date I have worked for Arup, Laing, Costain, AMEC, Kier, Magnox, ZADCO, EXXON and BP on large engineering projects as well as lots of small building projects for private clients in and around the South West of England.
Some of the projects include
- Four Artificial islands and oil production facilities in the UAE for the UZ750 project.
- Hydrogen Power Abu Dhabi (HPAD) carbon capture project.
- Technical support to Laing/ GTM during construction of the Second Severn Crossing.
- Construction of the Royal Portbury Dock (originally Bristol West Dock) at Avonmouth.
- Valiant Floating Jetty; a 44,000 Ton floating reinforced concrete jetty at Faslane for the Royal Navy.
- The ship assembly building in Portsmouth; a shed large enough to build complete ships in.
- Kowloon Station on Hang Kong’s Lantau Airport Railway.
- The Galleries shopping centre in Broadmead, Bristol.
My engineering interests are
- the long term management of climate change and flood defence of Somerset.
- off site manufacturing (OSM) techniques for industrial and residential construction.
- sustainable housing.
I currently support and develop the engineering solutions for Lyndon Water’s waste water treatment projects on three continents including large scale storage of solar latent heat and duckweed harvesting equipment.
If you require engineering consultancy services please visit my consultancy website Glue2 Limited where the range of services provided can be viewed.
M: 07968 668049
T: 0117 230 8081